Introduction to the Department of Public Finance and Taxation, Business Intelligence School at National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology
Name of the Department
Department of Public Finance and Taxation
▇ 4-Year Institute, Day School
▇ Master Program, Day School
▇ 4-Year Institute, Division of Continuing Education
▇ 2-Year Institute, Division of Continuing Education
▇ Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Division of Continuing Education
Introduction to the Department
In August 1990, National Kaohsiung Institute of Technology (NKIT), former of NKUST, temporarily set up the Section of Business in accordance with the instructions of the Ministry of Education, and established the 5-Year Division of Public Finance and Taxation to replace the originally discontinued International College of Business. In July 1991, NKIT was approved to establish the 2-Year Division of Public Finance and Taxation by the Ministry of Education. In July 1997, NKIT was promoted to technical college status. In line with the overall development of the school, the Department was approved by the Executive Yuan in the academic year of 1999 to be transformed into a 4-Year Department of Public Finance and Taxation. In August 2010, the school was renamed as “National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences (KUAS).” In August 2011, the Undergraduate Department and Graduate Institute (Day School) of this Department were moved to the Yanchao Campus and merged with the Graduate Institute of Finance, Economics, and Business Decision in August 2012, and then renamed as “Department of Wealth and Taxation Management.” In February 2018, KUAS, National Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology, and National Kaohsiung Marine University were merged and renamed as National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology (NKUST), becoming the largest technological university in Taiwan. In August 2019, the Ministry of Education approved the Department to be renamed as the “Department of Public Finance and Taxation” and was affiliated with the Business Intelligence School. The Department currently has the 4-Year Institute (Day School), Master Program (Day School), 2-Year Institute (Division of Continuing Education), 4-Year Institute (Division of Continuing Education), and the In-Service Master Program (Division of Continuing Education).
The courses of the Department focus on training students’ decision-making skills in financial and tax planning, as well as their financial, investment, and accounting expertise, and aims to cultivate public officials for the tax authorities who know how to check, audit, and levy taxes, as well as financial and tax planning professionals who meet the financial and business needs of the public sector, individuals or business enterprises.
1. The Department will develop students’ basic understanding of the tax law and strengthen their practical ability to meet the needs of tax authorities.
2. The Department will develop students’ financial and tax planning skills to meet the financial needs of the public sector, individuals and businesses.
3. The Department will enrich the professional quality of students in finance and economics, in order to develop students’ basic ability to analyze financial policies.
4. The Department will hold regular visits to enterprises and financial and taxation agencies to let students have contact with the practical operations of investment and financial management and tax administration and develop excellent management and decision-making talents with both theoretical and practical basis.
Prospects after Graduation
1. Tax officials in the tax authorities.
2. Wealth planners in financial and insurance institutions.
3. Financial, accounting or billing personnel in an enterprise or accounting firm.
(Please provide 2~4 photos)
MA409B E-Learning Classroom of the Department of Public Finance and Taxation
MA410A Investment Financing Classroom of the Department of Public Finance and Taxation
MA410B Computer Classroom and Information Library of the Department of Public Finance and Taxation
Volunteer Team of Comprehensive Income Tax Declaration Service from the National Taxation Bureau of Kaohsiung (Year: 2019)
Volunteer Team of Comprehensive Income Tax Declaration Service Team from the National Taxation Bureau of Kaohsiung (Year: 2019)